How come we can have 10 good things going well for us, but we let the 1 negative thing consume us?
How is it sooooo easy for us to be compassionate towards others but overlook our own feelings and emotions?
Self compassion involves being caring, understanding, and patient with yourself. You deserve the same compassion that you give to your family and friends.
By using self compassion you will be able to identify with yourself and have the tools to be able to grow and preservere through all of life’s challenges.
So how do you get to a place where you can unconditionally accept yourself?
Mindfulness is the over arching pathway towards self compassion. Underneath the over arching pathway are multiple roads you can take to obtain mindfulness.
1. Conscience, slow breathes.
2. Being aware of your senses. How does the air feel on your skin?
3. Acknowledge the emotions you are feeling. Realizing you are not your thoughts. Your thoughts are separate from you. You are in control.
4. Meditation. 10 minutes of focused meditation a day can change your life.
5. Journaling your thoughts, feelings, emotions.
6. Self Reflect. Realize that you have overcome every difficult moment in the past, you will overcome the ones in the present. Also acknowledging that none of the hard times have lasted forever.
7. Perspective. Look at your situation. Thoroughly asses the situation and yourself. Give yourself the advice you would give your best friend or your sibling.
Take a moment to pause, take a deep breath, and sense what it’s like to be alive in this very moment. This moment is your life.
All my love,
Disclosure: This post was written in conjunction with Paul Martinez