Cleansing seems like the easiest part about skincare. You would be surprised about the cleansing secret most people don’t know!
Ok so for years I would only wash my face one time in the shower. WRONG!
I now know the proper way that will clean my skin in the most beneficial way.
- Remove makeup with makeup remover first
- After you’ve removed all makeup, apply an oil cleanser.
- Massage the cleanser in an upward motion all over your face, neck, and decolletage.
- If you would like, you can get a popsicle stick and gently move the product around your face to get into the crevices as well as stimulate the cells of the skin.
- Rinse with a clean wet warm towel.
- Notice the amount of dirt/makeup/oil/etc comes off on the towel
- Now, cleanse again with the same oil cleanser, or if you’re skincare product obsessed like me, use a cleanser that meets your skin’s needs.
- Leave this cleanser on for 5-10 minutes to get the full benefit from your cleanser.
- Clean thoroughly with a wet warm towel.
For the longest time, I had no idea that I was washing my skin incorrectly. Now that I wash it correctly, there has been a major improvement in the texture of my skin, a reduction in the amount of oil I produce, and the overall health in my skin. I hope that you can use some of these tips and notice a difference.
Wishing you beautiful skin always,